Skip to content

Golden Gate Bridge in the middle by Jan van der Woning.

Google+ Auto-Awesome will now convert your DSLR panoramas into immersive Photo Spheres

»

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Google+ Auto-Awesome will now convert your DSLR ...

Previously to get equirectangular panoramas into Google+ you had to add a few meta tags into the image (just like the way that camera information is embedded into a photo). Once you had done this when you uploaded it to Google+ it would recognise it as a spherical panorama, if you didn't it was displayed as normal flat image. What this update means is that when you upload your equirectangular panoramas without the additional meta tags it will automatically recognise it as a spherical panorama and display it as one.

Hope this helps,

Robert.

»

Re: Google+ Auto-Awesome will now convert your DSLR ...

Looks to me as if Google has some serious quality control issues with Photo Spheres. I'm going to be in Istanbul for a few days and searched for some panos - one of the first ones I found is this:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@41.005882,28.975999,3a,75y,263.22h,83.39t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1sebmpeWbkSZ4AAAQWtO572w!2e0!3e11
It's just embarrassing.

»